In early 2021, Reshape was engaged by the City of Edmonton to evaluate the feasibility of district energy for the redeveloping River Crossing neighbourhood in Edmonton. The feasibility study focused on identifying the lowest-cost pathway for low-carbon development in River Crossing, as well as decarbonization of the existing heritage buildings.
- Project management, including meeting facilitation and information gathering
- Developed a heating and cooling load forecast and GHG forecast
- Led qualitative resource screening and concept definition for low-carbon DE and the reference case.
- Coordinated the technical work of subconsultants to develop DE concepts and cost estimates.
- Completed lifecycle cost analysis and business case development
- Prepared all deliverables and facilitated all meetings and workshops with the client
The study included a lifecycle cost analysis of different low-carbon pathways, as well as a preliminary business case, rate structure and value proposition for the preferred low-carbon district energy scenario.